Tuesday 27 June 2017

Today Reminder – 27 June 2017



A reminder for today
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.  (1 John 2:15-16)

I am going to see the doctor again today, because apparently there is something wrong with me. My blood tests revealed inconsistencies that the doctor is concerned about. You see satan realised that he is not getting anywhere with me by using material and worldly desires, because they just have no more effect on me. My passion and desire is God and God only. So now he takes the next step and attacks my health. He thinks that he will force me to fall by making me sick. This is just not going to work, because my life is in God’s hands and He is my king. My saviour is in control and my trust is only in Jesus. So, I fear not and I will not be defeated for I am strong when I am weak.

I love these verses. John reminds us that we should not love this world and the things of this world. We must love our Father, because nothing that pulls us into sin is from the Father, but all that builds us up and strengthen us is from God. This world will pass away and all the lust and sin with it, but he that does the will of the Lord will live forever. 

It is imperative that we resist the temptations of this world and focus on that that gives life and life in eternity. Jesus said that we must not store up our treasures here on earth. We should store our treasures in heaven where it is safe. Therefore, we should live for God and do what God wants us to do so that we will live lives that builds up our treasures in heaven so that we will dwell in the house of the Lord forever and ever.

Lord, please give us the strength to resist the temptations of this world and focus on you alone. You are our God and in you we have all we need. Keep us safe through the times that lies ahead of us and open our eyes to the lies of the enemy so that we can see through him. Let us shine with your presence so that we can touch lives and help other. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...